Every Christmas my family and I order matching Christmas outfits and take silly pictures 🙂
This is my puppies’ first Christmas. I thought my pups need to feel included. ‘Cause they are family after all!
How CUTE are those dog Christmas outfits ? I want to get them for my puppies and I might get me an elf costume. It’ll be fun family picture! Problem is my puppies ate the last costume I got them 😦
How did your puppies get used to putting on sweaters and costumes?
(PS- click the orange writing above to take you to my favorite costumes on amazon to get ideas for family picture day)
Check how cute Lola looks
Puppies are arguably the CUTEST THING EVER!
So I got TWO before doing much research and I learned a lot from my mistakes.
Here are the mistakes I made that I don’t want you to make:
- On my way to pick up puppies I realized I did not have a carrier, so I stopped and bought an over priced carrier because I was in a hurry.
- When I brought my puppies home I put them on the carpet where they instantly went potty 😦
- I did not have a carpet cleaner so I wiped it off (oh this is a painful memory).
well I can go on but I’m feeling bad about myself now so let’s go to the list already.
PS- Puppies are not cheap and you’ll end up buying way too many toys and things they don’t really need. Have a budget of at least $120 to start off right.
Starter Must Have List:
- Dog carrier
- Puppy pads
- Puppy playpen- big room will overwhelm them and they won’t know where to go potty
- Carpet cleaner- this is my best friend!
- Puppy food – of course!
- Food/ water bowls
- Puppy treats- I underestimated the need for those, must have for training
- At least 2 chew toys to start- they need to chew them instead of your shoes
How much does this all add up to? Well I’m a college student so I went with lower prices luckily amazon has all kinds of prices.
(Click orange names to be linked to amazon for prices and more info)
- Carrier: a pet car seat carrier can work as both a car seat and a carrier- more for your money!
- Puppy Pads: Four Paw Wee Wee and there are some cheaper ones that work just the same. (I buy as many as I can find cause it’s too cold out at this time of the year)
- Puppy Playpen: you don’t NEED this if you have a small room in the house that has tile but I don’t so I bought this white playpen you can buy smaller one if you have small dog I like how the Etna Playpen looks.
- Carpet Cleaner:I got a portable Bissle cleaner that’s easy to wash ’cause it’ll end up smelling AWFUL if you don’t clean it daily .
- Puppy Food: totally up to you, I like grain free food (they’re not birds) so I started with blue buffalo when they got older I got them Pure Balance.
- Food/ Water bowl: up to your preference but the Neater Feeder is good ’cause puppies are messy eaters at first and this keeps the food from going everywhere.
- Puppy treats: I use soft treats like VetDogs and usually split them in half, half for each one of my puppies.
- Chew toys: There are SO MANY OPTIONS but I stick with affordable ones that last long like Xentyl, they’ve been tugging on these for 6 months now. (video in other posts) might want a chew bone too so it keeps your puppy busy.
Comment to ask any specifics this is a starter kit of the MUST HAVES, your needs might be a bit different depending on size & age of your new puppy and if you decide to make them outdoor or indoor only pets.
My two puppies:
If you prefer a video, here’s a link to my youtube video:
Arthur is the best mix ever. He’s so cuddly so sweet and so tiny!
Do you have a Chorkie? I’d love to see your pups.
If you’re thinking about getting one, let me know if I can answer any questions 🙂
This is a link to youtube video of Arthur being his cute self